Sunday SermonSunday, January 25, 2015 "Grow in Using God's Word in our lives"
READ: Hebrews 2:18;
Have you ever been tempted? Think about this past week, when you were tempted what did you do? Sometimes we do well in our response & other times we react. We must constantly be learning to respond to temptation NOT react to it.
We are a multi-cultural fellowship striving to love God & to love others as ourselves. We are the Gateway Cities stretching from Long Beach all the way up towards downtown LA. (see attached Gateway Cities ppt.)
Come join us as we help each other to build devoted, intimate & growing relationships with God & others.
Come and See what God has done; FaithFULL Living in the Heart of LA.:
Sunday Service Locations :
Metro East Ministries 10AM Spanish and English Service :
Whitney High School
16800 Shoemaker Ave.
Cerritos, CA, 90703(map)
Dear Metro East Ministry Family,
Glad to spend time praying for all of you this morning. This morning's Quiet Time out of Psalm 27 was very helpful for me. No matter what goes on, challenges may come, obstacles in our way…….. Let us turn to God & be confident in Him & His promises. Take time to go over the notes from yesterday's lesson or listen to the audio.
This week I encourage us to take time to sit down & write down areas you are being attacked in by Satan & find scriptures to hold onto when you struggle with that area. Respond like Jesus did in Luke 4 and pray not to react in our sinful nature. Pray to God for His support & strength so we can "Grow in Using God's Word in our own lives".
Metro East 2015
As we go after our own personal BIG WIN in 2015…… I want to encourage all of us to make a 15-30 second video on your smart phone device of your "BIG Win in 2015". My name is Doug Lovgren and my Big Win in 2015 is going after being healthy in all areas of my life. Please email them to:
1. In January and February the plan is to meet by Faith Group/ Small Groups. Please make plans to meet every week with your Faith Group.
§ The direction for this week of Jan. 26th – 31st : Meet as a group to share your plans, dreams, 2015 Vision Quest. Set up a time to break your fast together as a Faith Group on Jan. 31st.
. 2. Metro East Leadership Group is going through Financial Peace University together. We will then go through FPU as a church, called "Momentum", in late March-June. This is something I invite you to ask your friends/ neighbors if they want to sign up for as well. Calling church to start praying now for that time. This class will empower & provide each of us with tools necessary to take better control of our income & let the 800 scriptures on money in the Bible direct our hearts & minds. There are 3 kits available to start praying about, planning for in our budget & signing up for
Ø Kit #1 – Updated kit, taken FPU before, $19.95/ family or household. Ø Kit #2 – Refresher kit, taken FPU before, new workbook, $49.95/ family or household. Ø Kit #3 – Newcomers kit, not taken FPU before, $84.95/ family or household..
3. This Sun. Feb. 1st 10am at Whitney HS, our annual Superbowl/ Blue Jean Sun. Sermunion service.
4. This Sun. is our Annual Congregational LA Church Latino Church Service, Feb. 1st, 11am, at Mira Costa H.S. Auditorium. 1401 Artesia Blvd., Manhattan Beach, CA 90266. Titled: Tu Ciudad. Su Reino. Nuestra Misión. (Your City, His Kingdom. Our Mission.)
5. Metro East Ministries Kingdom Kids Teachers: The next group of Kingdom Kids Teachers is invited for training at the Lovgren's this Sat. Jan. 30th, 3pm. The training is 1 hour. The address: 19610 Sabrina Court ,Cerritos, CA, 90703. Call Dave Morris with any questions 626.354.2473.
6. "Blanket & sock drive", next 2 weeks we will still collect Blankets & Socks. Bring them to service & place on table in foyer. They will be delivering them to the Homeless Feb. 21st , 2015.
7. Singles Devotional "Take Back Dating", Sat. Feb. 14th, $10 hosted by LA Church. The Avalon at Pomona Fairplex, 1101 W. McKinley Ave., Pomona, CA, 91768. Please see Lexus for fliers.
8. Marriage Retreat, Feb. 27th-March 1st, La Jolla, CA. $275/ couple, includes 2 nights stay & breakfast, "From Fear to Intimacy" by Dr. Jennifer & Tim Konzen. Please see Barbara Lawson to sign up.
Have a great week!, Douglas & Mae Lovgren
WHAT IS YOUR MISSION AS PARENTS
• If we don't have a mission as parents, the world will give one to our kids.
• Society and media today is about SELF......
• Gratifying yourself, your desires no matter what the cost.