SermonSunday, Nov. 22, 2015 "God's will for your life!"
READ: Acts 17:16-34;
a. V18: Paul, who went from religious to real follower of Christ was in synagogue teaching/ sharing about good news of Jesus
b. V22: Paul starts speaking to religious, worshipping other Gods, our society today is very similar.
c. V24-25; God, who created us, is not limited to a building.
d. V26; God marked out the appointed times where you should live on this earth, God determines the appointed times.
We are a multi-cultural fellowship striving to love God & to love others as ourselves. We are the Gateway Cities stretching from Long Beach all the way up towards downtown LA. (see attached Gateway Cities ppt.)
Come join us as we help each other to build devoted, intimate & growing relationships with God & others.
Come and See what God has done; FaithFULL Living in the Heart of LA.:
Sunday Service Locations :
Metro East Ministries 10AM Spanish and English Service :
Whitney High School
16800 Shoemaker Ave.
Cerritos, CA, 90703(map)
Dear Metro East Ministry Family,
I hope & pray this finds you well this Tuesday. As many of us in America are off from work and school let us remember to take time to express Thanks. Whether expressing thanks at the dinner table, or when you're at home with friends/ family or just taking time to write out a list of all the things you are Thankful for. Let us express thanks.
Oct 3 2015 TJ Trip
I am super thankful/ grateful for God's Word. It has literally transformed my life, marriage, kids, family, friends and without it I would be living day to day without hope. At our family devotional yesterday we discussed/ shared this scripture:
But Samuel replied: "Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices
as much as in obeying the Lord? To obey is better than sacrifice, and
to heed is better than the fat of rams." 1 Samuel 15:22;
Samuel reminds Saul that God desires obedience to his instruction more than personal sacrifice. Sometimes we would rather take certain actions instead of choosing simple obedience in areas that are uncomfortable for us. In what area are you finding it hard to simply obey right now? Spending consistent daily time with God, sticking to your budget, watching your life and doctrine closely, etc? What simple decision of obedience can you make today? Make your decision and decide to obey God's Word………. (Psalm 37).
1. Sun. Services November: a. This Sun. Nov. 29th we are all together.
2. Midweeks November: a. This week please plan to do something for your House Church.
3. REACH in 2016:
Please be planning to come to the 2016 North American Discipleship Seminar. Over 10,000 have registered already. "REACH", St. Louis, Missouri. www.reach2016.com. July 7th – 10th in 2016, St. Louis, Missouri.
4. Helping those in need: Theo & Paula Johnson are coordinating their time to go help those less fortunate then ourselves. We will be going to Gladys parkNov.21st & Dec. 19th at 10:00 am. Please bring unwanted clothes & shoes. Contact Johnson's if you wish to go: (562) 313-3399
5. Nov. HOPE Worldwide – Today kick's off our Churches global International Day of Giving – The whole month of Nov. we are calling every member to raise $52 to give towards Hope Worldwide – www.hopeww.org. We collect those monies and then on Nov. 22nd we turn in all monies we have raised. Please see link on ideas, social media scripts, create a fundraising page, etc…http://www.hopeww.org/international-day-giving
a. Sat. Nov. 14th we will host our annual 5K run/walk, 20K bike ride or both. It will be from 8-10am (@ entrance of 195th St., look for red balloons). Where: 19211 Studebaker Road, Liberty Park, Cerritos, CA, 90703. Route: San Gabriel River Mid Trail. Please sign up on table in foyer & take sheet to raise money for Hope Worldwide. b. Next Sunday, Nov. 15th, there's a burrito fund raiser for Hope Worldwide that one of our Teen's is doing. c. There's a blanket fundraiser for Hope Worldwide where each blanket sold $5 goes towards Hope.
6. Don't forget: a. Dec. 20th our Annual Christmas Play – contact Latrice McGlothin if interested in helping. b. Dec. 20th "Red Carpet Night" at Cinepolis Pico Rivera, 715pm, cost is $15/ person. We
will be watching "Star Wars – The Force Awakens" all together. Theatre seats 250 and
already we have sold 30 tickets. c. Young Women's Leadership Day – Fine Pearls Divine Girls, $10/ young lady, no matter
what your age. Feel free to contact Jill Shih for more – 310-528-3614 cell.
d.Toy Drive – please bring unwrapped toys to church service & place in the box in the
foyer of church. Bring toys for babies all the way up to 17 year olds. All these toys will
go towards Ronald McDonald House at Children's Hospital to help those families
celebrate Christmas while their children are in the Hospital during the Holiday's. Feel
free to contact Jennifer Ochoa for more – 562-618-1471 cell. &
Have a super week and let us continue to speak about Jesus with others, PRAY for one another & revive the fires of Jesus' Mission in our hearts/ lives.
With love, Douglas & Mae Lovgren
WHAT IS YOUR MISSION AS PARENTS
• If we don't have a mission as parents, the world will give one to our kids.
• Society and media today is about SELF......
• Gratifying yourself, your desires no matter what the cost.