Sunday SermonSunday, June 28, 2015 "The water or the Boat!?"
READ: MATTHEW 14:22-32
"Immediately Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowd. After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. Later that night, he was there alone, and the boat was already a considerable distance from land, buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it.
We are a multi-cultural fellowship striving to love God & to love others as ourselves. We are the Gateway Cities stretching from Long Beach all the way up towards downtown LA. (see attached Gateway Cities ppt.)
Come join us as we help each other to build devoted, intimate & growing relationships with God & others.
Come and See what God has done; FaithFULL Living in the Heart of LA.:
Sunday Service Locations :
Metro East Ministries 10AM Spanish and English Service :
Whitney High School
16800 Shoemaker Ave.
Cerritos, CA, 90703(map)
Dear Metro East Ministry Family,
I pray this finds you having a great start to your week. Well, the first week of Summer is in the books. For me growing up Summer meant spending time with family, watching Wimbeldon Tennis Tournament, going to the beach, swimming at the pool, staying up late, sleeping in, taking a vacation, watching movie's, going to basketball camps & doing fun things with my friends.
A.D. The Bible Continues
Over the past 20 years that I've been a disciple the Summer has been times to travel with family/ go on vacation, see our extended family, take my kids to the beach and the pool, send me kids off to basketball camps, send my kids to the annual "Youth Camp" & now "Teen Camp" that our church coordinates in Big Bear, CA, visit different churches in our fellowship (www.disciplestoday.org / www.dtodayinfo.net/Dtoday) and spending quality time connecting with friends by having BBQ at park, enjoying a meal together, praying together, sharing our faith with others & doing the things I love to do.
God's desire for all of us is to live our lives to the FULL (John 10:10;) & be happy (Psalm 1). Enjoy our time together on this earth & continue to keep God as top priority. Fun is not necessarily what the world says is fun. Let us enjoy Summer and build memories with each other. Are you on "The water or in the boat!?"…… let this Summer be a time, like Peter, where we can step out of the comfort of our own Boat and walk on water. Stretch your faith & step out on faith. Leave the comforts of what you know & start to exercise the incredible muscle of faith God has given us. His Word provides so much inspiration. Read through Matthew 14:22-34; and ask yourself…….. Why do you think the 11 chose to stay/ remain inside the boat? What can I do to step out in my faith? What's holding me back from stepping out on faith? What kind of fears do I have & why? How has Jesus brought peace into your life? Am I doing what I love to do?
Take time to step out of your boat and:
• start reading a new book in the Bible (I started the book of Psalms)
• start reading a new book
• do something radical – go hike a mountain & have an all night prayer
• take some time to fast
• share your faith more this summer then you ever have
• meet with a friend to study the bible with them
• spend time with other disciples reading bible together & encouraging one another
Our goal for Special Mission's is $56,0000 and we have already seen over $46,011.24 given/ collected. We will be collecting until the end of Summer (Aug. 15th) for those who have requested to extend our time of giving so they can contribute as well. Thanks for your sacrifice and coming together as the Metro East Ministry Family!! THANK YOU!!
1. Come join us for midweek tonight, 730pm, at Embassy Suites in Downey, CA. Come ready to fellowship & step out of the boat.
2. This Sunday, July 5th, we will be worshipping all together (English & Spanish) 10am at Whitney HS.
3. Final Financial Peace University Class - This Sunday, July 5th, is our Celebration Sunday, 1130am-130pm. Look forward to breaking bread together, hearing how FPU has helped the fellowship & graduating all those who completed 7 of the 9 classes.
4. Please be planning to come to the 2016 North American Discipleship Seminar – REACH, St. Louis, Missouri. www.reach2016.com. July 7th – 10th in 2016, St. Louis, Missouri.
5. All Singles in LA Church – Fun in the Son – July 11th for only $10: Metro LA is coordinating, please come out to support and sign up by going to www.laicc.net.
6. EARLY REGISTRATION is now OPEN for our Singles Leadership retreat! www.leadershift.us $145.00 early registration period, includes 2 nights lodging, 5 meals (Bring your own bedding). Early registration is for SINGLES currently serving in a Leadership Capacity (Small group, Family group, BibleTalk).
7. Women's Boutique, "Reflection's of a lovely lady", Sat. July 18th 630pm-930pm. It will be $5 per person and will be hosted at Psalm Dance Studio, 530 E. 4th Street, Long Beach, CA, 90802. There will be finger foods, music, entertainment, some vendor booth's and closing with a fashion show from the sewing sister's sewing club. Come one come all.
Have a great week!, Douglas & Mae Lovgren
WHAT IS YOUR MISSION AS PARENTS
• If we don't have a mission as parents, the world will give one to our kids.
• Society and media today is about SELF......
• Gratifying yourself, your desires no matter what the cost.