SermonWednesday, Sept 30, 2015 "Faith Builders: renewing our mind 2"
READ: Matthew 28:18-20;
We were thorough, first principles memorized, we know our Bibles, by the end of studying the bible with us people knew so much, we were helping so many lives transform, changed so many lives, experienced unity unlike anywhere I've experienced, created security in our church with a process to help someone find faith in Jesus according to the Bible.
We are a multi-cultural fellowship striving to love God & to love others as ourselves. We are the Gateway Cities stretching from Long Beach all the way up towards downtown LA. (see attached Gateway Cities ppt.)
Come join us as we help each other to build devoted, intimate & growing relationships with God & others.
Come and See what God has done; FaithFULL Living in the Heart of LA.:
Sunday Service Locations :
Metro East Ministries 10AM Spanish and English Service :
Whitney High School
16800 Shoemaker Ave.
Cerritos, CA, 90703(map)
Dear Metro East Ministry Family,
I hope & pray this finds you reflecting & meditating on God's Word! This past Sunday I called us to PRAY & PURSUE. Let's PRAY to God and ask him to send out workers into harvest field. Let's PURSUE, GO and speak with others about what we believe, see & hear from God's Word! Remember how grateful you are for God putting that person in your life to bring you to complete your faith. They planted the seed, they watered the seed & God made it grow (1 Cor.3:5-6;). As we are coming to a close of 2015 I want to call us forward (Luke 13:10-13;) and close out 2015 with a bang!!! The Autumn Fruit Harvest has one more month remaining.
A.D. The Bible Continues
The annual Biblical Holy Days were directly related to the 3 Harvest seasons:
1.Passover during Barley Harvest (April-May)
2.Pentecost during Wheat Harvest (June-July)
3.Feast of Tabernacles during Autumn Harvest (Sept.-Oct.)
Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples,"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field." (Matthew 9:35-38 NIV)
As we "Follow Jesus" and focus on Him,
we are embracing the spirit of these scriptures:
Look forward to our theme for the Fall: a. Pray for God to send out the workers into the Harvest field. Pray in every appt., every time you meet with each other, midweeks, Sun. services, dtimes, dgroups, small groups, etc..... b. Each House Church put together a prayer list of people to help them complete their faith c. Every member pray for workers to bring in Harvest when our phones, clocks, watches read 10:02am or 10:02pm (Luke 10:2;) d. Pursue 1 new person everyday (just GO do something for them, serve them, invite them to church/ HC, go to lunch)
e. Meet for midweek every Wed. in Oct. to teach "Faith Builders: renewing our mind" in helping people make Jesus Lord.
1. Sun. Services in October: a. This Sun. Oct.4th John Oakes "Teaching Sunday", All together, WHS 10am. b. Oct. 11th English & Spanish services at WHS 10am. c. Sunday, October 18, 2015 10am Metro LA Regional Worship service at Lawndale High School:
14901 South Inglewood Ave.Lawndale, CA, 90260.
Please be planning to attend. We will have Koko Enrile, lead Evangelist for the Philippine Churches, sharing & inspiring us with what God is doing. We support the Mission work in the Philippines and are excited to hear from him.
d. Oct.25th Metro East Ministries annual "Fall Festival" 10am at WHS
2. Plan for Teaching Schedule & Midweeks in Sept. & Oct.: a. This Wed., Sept.30th, 730pm, is midweek ALL together at Embassy Suites. It will be our 2nd lesson of our series "Faith Builders - Renewing our minds" b. Oct. 7th, 14th, 21st & 28th midweeks ALL together, 730pm at Embassy Suites, Downey, CA doing "Faith Builders - Renewing our minds".
3. Please be planning to come to the 2016 North American Discipleship Seminar. Over 10,000 have registered already. "REACH", St. Louis, Missouri. www.reach2016.com. July 7th – 10th in 2016, St. Louis, Missouri.
4. Spanish ministry is going to Tiajuana, MX Sat. Oct.3rd, to visit the Orphanage they always visit. If you would like to go, donate backpacks, toys, gifts or serve in any capacity please contact Edgar Sanchez & Blas Aparicio:
(562) 500-9077 cell.
Have a super week and let us continue to speak about Jesus with others, PRAY for one another & revive the fires of Jesus' Mission in our hearts/ lives.
With love, Douglas & Mae Lovgren
WHAT IS YOUR MISSION AS PARENTS
• If we don't have a mission as parents, the world will give one to our kids.
• Society and media today is about SELF......
• Gratifying yourself, your desires no matter what the cost.