We are a multi-cultural fellowship striving to love God & to love others as ourselves. We are the Gateway Cities stretching from Long Beach all the way up towards downtown LA. (see attached Gateway Cities ppt.)
Come join us as we help each other to build devoted, intimate & growing relationships with God & others.
Come and See what God has done; FaithFULL Living in the Heart of LA.:
Sunday Service Locations :
Metro East Ministries 10AM Spanish and English Service :
Whitney High School
16800 Shoemaker Ave.
Cerritos, CA, 90703(map)
Dear Metro East Ministry Family,
Let's not forget the power of an invitation. I'm so glad I accepted the invitation James Count's extended to me well over 20 years ago. It is so humbling and inspiring looking back at my life how God did have great plans for my life and he gave me the desires of my heart……… just like the Word of God state's (Jer.29:11-14; Psalm 37:4;). Take time to go over the notes/ scriptures.
A.D. The Bible Continues
As a Leadership group we have been meeting, planning & praying for the Financial Peace University Class we are kicking off as a Church April 12th at 1130am. This will be the 3rd time Mae & I will be taking the class and we are totally thankful we started this journey almost 3 years ago. We are asking for each member of the Metro East Ministries to sign up online by March 31st:
Please see our web site to answer your questions that you may have. Please visit our web site/ online & begin to sign up for our class, "Momentum – the journey to building God's Kingdom debt free" (all details of cost, different kits available, what to do, etc…...)
If that doesn't answer your questions please don't hesitate to email me:
1. In March midweek plan is to meet by Faith Groups: March 4th, 11th, 18th & 25th. Next month of April we will begin meeting on the first & third weeks ALL together for Midweeks at Embassy Suites. April 1st & 15th Embassy Suites 730pm and April 8th & 22nd meet by Faith Groups.
2. We are looking forward to our theme for Sunday services in March - "Take me to Church". Please come out & join us as we learn to live out our faith & love like Christ.
3. LA Church Singles & Singles from all Southwest Churches: Annual Catalyst Retreat is April 17th. You are encouraged to take April 17th off from work to help prepare you for a relaxing & refreshing weekend with singles from around the Southwest US. Cost to attend is $50 by April 10th & $70 at door on April 17th. The whole event will be hosted in San Diego at the Town & Country resort: 500 Hotel Circle North, San Diego, CA.
4. Special Missions on May 24th. Every year we take a Special Collection to support the local Mission work of our ministry here in Metro LA as well as the Mission work of Philippines & churches in Oceania Region (Myanmar, Fiji, Guam). This year our goal is the same: 8 times our weekly offering of $7,000. So our goal is $56,000. All monies given over and above that goal will go towards our local needs as Metro East Ministries. When you give on Sunday from now until June 14th please mark the check or cash by placing in an envelope with your name written on it & Special Missions.
5. Health & Sports Expo 2015 – For young families. March 21st 10am, Hosted by Bulosan Faith Group for families with kids ages elementary and under (Older siblings are welcome). Parents will have an opportunity to join a "Faith, Fitness, & Health" Support Group. There will be sports, games and activities for kids. Please RSVP with Bulosan's # of kids and their ages.
6. Metro East Ministry Women's Night out – Luau Style, March 28th, 7-10pm. It will be a night of fun games, raffles, music & fellowship. Please bring an appetizer or dessert for 20 to enjoy. Contact Pat Gomez (714-507-9029) or Anette Lomeli (562-318-7702).
Have a great week!, Douglas & Mae Lovgren
WHAT IS YOUR MISSION AS PARENTS
• If we don't have a mission as parents, the world will give one to our kids.
• Society and media today is about SELF......
• Gratifying yourself, your desires no matter what the cost.