Sunday SermonSunday, Oct. 19, 2014 "Nehemiah - man of God"
READ: Nehemiah 1:1-11
Nehemiah arrived in Jerusalem in 444 B.C., about 13 years after Ezra had returned there. He was a great leader whom God used to pull off a phenomenal feat: he instilled a vision in God's remnant in Jerusalem to rebuild the walls of the city. In spite of much opposition and numerous hurdles, they accomplished the task in just 52 days.
Visit UsMetro East Ministries 10AM Spanish and English Service:
Beginning March 23rd we will Worship at:
Whitney High School
16800 Shoemaker Ave.
Cerritos, CA, 90703
We have amazing classes for your kids.
We are a multi-cultural fellowship striving to love God & to love others as ourselves. We are the Gateway Cities stretching from Long Beach all the way up towards downtown LA. (see attached Gateway Cities ppt.)
Come join us as we help each other to build devoted, intimate & growing relationships with God & others.
Come and See what God has done; FaithFULL Living in the Heart of LA.:
Sunday Service Locations :
Metro East Ministries 10AM Spanish and English Service :
Whitney High School
16800 Shoemaker Ave.
Cerritos, CA, 90703(map)
Metro East Ministry Family,
Good evening! I pray this finds you doing well. Yesterday was great praying for all of you….. please continue to pray for each other. Let's BUILD God's church together…
This morning as I was having my time with God I was reading Nehemiah 1:6; I confess the sins WE Israelites, including myself and my father's house, have committed against you.
Ray Vidrio's Baptism
I started to study out "Confession/ confessing our sins" - What is confession?
• To confess our sins is to agree with God
• Acknowledging that God is right to declare what we have done as sinful
• Bringing our actions/ thoughts into the light
• To affirm our intention of abandoning sin to follow God more faithfully
I appreciated Nehemiah's spirit to take responsibility for his people & start humbling himself before God. We all have sin we commit everyday; whether in our hearts, our thoughts, our actions or with our mouth's…… let us make it a healthy part of our spiritual relationships that we continue to practice personal confession with God as well as interpersonal confession with one another – Neh.1:6; Neh. 9:1-3; Ezra 9:6; Isaiah 59:12; James 5:16; Proverbs 28:13; Psalm 32:5;
Valerie Short – Ray Vidrio sister, in hospital with cancer & brain tumor. •.
John Legardy brain cancer, be with him & his family •. Dulce Valdivia is having eye surgery •. Art Saffell just found out from MRI scan of his right shoulder that it detects 2 sizeable tumors. He is being referred to an orthopedic specialist.
•. For each other to embrace the direction of our ministry & to use our talents/ gifts to BUILD up our Church •. Melina Prieto – pray for legal issues involving her nursing license
•. Sylvia Carter – going through marital challenges
This week plan is to meet by Faith Groups. Spanish have midweek together on Wed. Oct. 22nd 730pm at Gus Velasco Neighborhood Center & Singles have Faith Group Wed. Oct. 22nd 730pm at Lovgren's.
Nov. 22nd – "Clothing Drive & Kiddie Carnival" at location in Huntington Park for the local community. See email I sent out earlier.
3. Our Annual "Fall Festival" is Oct. 26th 10am @ Whitney HS. It's Blue Jean Sunday, we will have short service, games for kids & food - $5/ person. Kids come in family friendly costumes. It's one of our special services of the year all together. We will have:
• Games and Prizes for kids
• Fundraiser Lunch for our Youth Ministry - $5/ person
• Shave IT – Hawaiian Ice fundraiser for our Youth and Family ministry
• Sermunion Service 10:00- 11:15 a.m. Carnival 11:15 - 1:30 pm
• Dress Casual – Blue Jean or wear family friendly costume.
• Family Pumpkin Carving Contest. Bring a carved pumpkin to help decorate the event and enter into contest. Winner will receive a prize! Each FG please bring a game to set up at 930am for the kids. Parents are being asked to bring non melting candy or trinket toys for prizes.
4. The month of Nov. is our annual International Day of Giving month where we ask each member to help raise $52 to give towards HOPE Worldwide – which is the benevolent arm of our churches worldwide to meet the needs of poor in communities.
5. Raising money for Hope Worldwide – Annual 5k Walk/Run, 20K Bike OR both. When: Nov. 15, 2010 - 8-10am (@ entrance of 195th St., look for red balloons). Who can participate: Anyone. Where: 19211 Studebaker Road, Liberty Park, Cerritos, CA, 90703. Route: San Gabriel River Mid Trail. All proceeds go to Hope Worlwide.
6. Friday, Oct. 24th – Pre-teen & Teen Halloween Party, 6pm at Pat Gomez home.
7. Saturday, Oct. 25th – Singles Halloween Party, 6pm at Pat Gomez home.
Have a great week!!!! Doug & Mae Lovgren
WHAT IS YOUR MISSION AS PARENTS
• If we don't have a mission as parents, the world will give one to our kids.
• Society and media today is about SELF......
• Gratifying yourself, your desires no matter what the cost.