Sunday SermonSunday, May 24, 2015 "One in heart & mind"
READ: Acts 4:32-37;
Even though there are a variety of opinions on various subjects in the church we must stick
together! THERE MUST BE UNITY! We must be united in one heart and mind!
Somehow we who are in Christ must learn to work together even though we are different creatures (in a sense),
with different ideas. The early church was no different than the church today in the sense that they were people
with different ideas and opinions BUT THEY CAME TOGETHER IN UNITY OF HEART AND MIND
We are a multi-cultural fellowship striving to love God & to love others as ourselves. We are the Gateway Cities stretching from Long Beach all the way up towards downtown LA. (see attached Gateway Cities ppt.)
Come join us as we help each other to build devoted, intimate & growing relationships with God & others.
Come and See what God has done; FaithFULL Living in the Heart of LA.:
Sunday Service Locations :
Metro East Ministries 10AM Spanish and English Service :
Whitney High School
16800 Shoemaker Ave.
Cerritos, CA, 90703(map)
Dear Metro East Ministry Family,
I pray this finds you having had a safe & memorable Memorial Day. It was great taking time yesterday to honor those who paid the price with their lives serving our country. The millions of men & women served valiantly! I pray we can imitate their example of sacrifice when it comes to laying down our lives for one another on the field of battle. Our battle field is this world we live in & our battle is against the dark forces in it. As we go about our lives, let us remember how we should arm ourselves for this battle. Take time to read how we can put on the full armor of God – Ephesians 6:10-18;
A.D. The Bible Continues
This past Sunday was great being able to share about & highlight our giving towards Special Mission's. Many were out of town or missed the opportunity to give. I appreciate the O'Brien's, Joni Johnson, Liz Sanchez, Kellie Morris & Aldwin Dauis sharing. They shared about sacrificing for Special Mission's and different ways they have sacrificed or given to Special Missions over the years.
The call for everyone is to give a sacrifice this year………………. The first century Christians were "One in heart & mind" – Acts 4:32-37;. Their example is inspiring & I'm calling us to the same Spirit they had. What was inspiring about them was:
1. Their unity (v32)
2. They were unselfish (v32)
3. They were outward focused (v33)
4. They were gracious (v33)
5. They were generous (v34-37)
God set an example for all of us to follow by giving His BEST in Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ set us an example we should follow by willing to sacrifice for us. Sacrificing, giving & being one in heart & mind is where the miracles of God are found…………….. Let each of us give generously from now until June 14th.
1. Come join us this Sunday, May 31st, to a FREE class for FPU, 1130am-130pm "Retirement & College Planning". We will have a guest speaker –Scott Pearing (works in LA for FPU). For those taking FPU we had 6th class this past Sun. May 24th, "The Role of Insurance". Please take time from 11am-1130am to enjoy food/ lunch for $5. Visit us on our web site/ link for our class: http://www.daveramsey.com/fpu/locations/org/51811/class/275284
2. Plan for midweek this Wed. May 27th – meet by Faith Group
3.Sunday Service – Next Sun. May 31st we have English & Spanish services separate 10am.
4.2016 North American Discipleship Seminar – REACH, St. Louis, Missouri. www.reach2016.com. July 7th – 10th, St. Louis, Missouri.
5. International Day Service participants/ performers - For all those helping & performing for our International Sunday Service (June 7th) we will be having rehearsal's the next 2 Sunday's at Whitney HS Auditoritium, 8AM. Contact Latrice McGlothin for any questions.
May God be glorified as we find creative ways to sacrifice for the cause of spreading the gospel locally and globally. Have a great week!
Have a great week!, Douglas & Mae Lovgren
WHAT IS YOUR MISSION AS PARENTS
• If we don't have a mission as parents, the world will give one to our kids.
• Society and media today is about SELF......
• Gratifying yourself, your desires no matter what the cost.